Monday, April 18, 2011

Quilt show 2011

This last weekend was Palouse Patchers 31st annual quilt show.  I was vendor chair and admission chair with the added responsiblity of providing the food for the vendors and dealing with deposits.  It was a long three days.  Luckly there were only a few issues to deal with and I was able to put my project management class knowledge to work.  Robert and I entered 9 quilts in the show.  I also entered 4 quilts of my Mom's that Robert or I had quilted.  Several of the quilt club members commented on my numerous entries, and the fact that they didn't know I machine quilted.  I must be hiding that light under a bushel. 

Ardell was a fun addition to the show.  He would run up and down between the rows of quilts dodging our "feet" and laughing infectiously.  He never once touched or pulled on a quilt, nor did he run over other patrons.  Robert and I received many compliments on our well-behaved son.  Luckily, he waited until we got home to throw a whiney fit.  A couple of the vendors are from my life before Robert and Ardell.  It is always enjoyable to catch up and hear about their families and life in the last year. 

Now, on to the last 3 weeks of school.  Robert has four weeks, because his last final is not on the Monday of Finals Week.  He is starting his summer internship this week.  It will be part-time for the balance of the school year.  The project he will be working on is an extention of the project he has for our Project Management class.  All in all it has been a good semester.  I am looking forward to a couple weeks at home with Ardell and maybe even some potty training success.

No comments: