Monday, September 6, 2010

Update of family news

I was reading my last post in October of 2009 and realized that i have not noted this last year.  Robert has still not returned to work since the car accident last September.  I have stressed and fussed about it, and yet I can not deny that we have been blessed.  I have been able to pay most of my bills, have received no assistance from our ward and still been a full time student.  Robert and I have both applied for several positions this summer and yet no job.

Robert has been working on a research project under a friends PhD thesis and I have had sporatic hours filling in at the hospital with employees leaving and the extra work load of new hires.  I have also complete a couple of baby quilts to sell and have a few more requests.  One of the quilts I took to a local quilt shop where I bought the panel and I am teaching a beginning quilt class for this quilt.

While this has all the makings of a Job trial, I am constantly reminded of my Heavenly Father's hand in my life.  It has been difficult for me to stay in school, every fiber of my being, believes I need to work to support my family until Robert can.  And yet it would seem that I should not, because I have not been able to secure a position.  Like a double edged sword, we have been blessed, Robert has basicly regained his balance and Ardell is growing like a weed.  Robert and I have completed several quilt tops, organized our fabric stash, taken embrodery machine classes and purged our paper records of excess documentation that is no longer usefull or needed.  Robert's mom (who was coming to babysit Ardell one a week) has not had the 2 1/2 hour drive to spend the day with Ardell - though she missed him terribly. 

When I stop and calmy ponder this last year, I find a peace that can only come from my Heavenly Father.  I know that we are handling this situation in a manner that is pleasing to him.  I am greatful for the reminder.

No comments: