Monday, September 6, 2010

Summer 2010

This has been a crazy summer.  I know I still need to blog about our family reunion last summer and our March trip to Seaside, Oregon.  However I feel compelled to voice my angst here.  I HATE POTTY TRAINING.  3 1/2 days into this nightmare and no evidence of success.  Ardell has the whole process down.  Door open, light on, toilet lid up, Ardell seat on, underwear off, sit on toilet, wipe, off toilet, underwear on, Ardell seat off, toilet lid down, flush, wash hands, light off, door closed.  And then the request for payment of each attempt - one animal cookie.  Though he has been trying to get Oreo's - the treat for #2.

However despite his learning the steps of using the toilet we have had no bodily fluids in the toilet.  All over every surface in the house (it seems) but not in the toilet.  I am beside my self, stumped.  Robert and I have "been on the same page" about training now.  Ardell is three. We have seen success with training in other areas, and yet still not here.  I have asked all my friends with boys just older than Ardell, thinking that the memories will still be fresh.  Three day, I am told, One if I want both of us to be completely wiped out at the end of the day.  And yet no amount of book reading, one on one time, or bribing will induce my child to pee in the toilet.

No comments: